Over the last 2 years I have been compiling a workshop for teenagers based upon the topics about which I write and speak. I’ve now completed the test runs for the workshops to rave reviews, and am offering a one day workshop to teenagers in grade specific groups. Minimum 6 and maximum 16 participants grouped in Grade 8-9’s together and Grade 10-12’s together.
Even though the January workshops are aimed at teenagers, the format does allow for parents, entrepreneurs and teachers to enjoy the program.
All the workshop details, including dates, costs and venue are listed below. Reviews pertaining to the workshop can be viewed at www.calminstorm.com/workshops
Goal-Setting and Development of Self Workshops for Teenagers.
- Whether wanting to get better grades, play first team at a sport, or just wanting to understand oneself better, this one day workshop gives teens the tools needed to do so
- Having goals is one thing, but achieving them takes time, self-understanding, and perseverance. This interactive workshop explores the practical tools and concepts that are needed, and covers the following ideas:
- The gift of imagination – the seed from which our goals, dreams and creativity blossom.
- Identifying and breaking down our dreams by setting goals so that the first step appears in front of us. Rewarding ourselves along the journey.
- Discovering who we are through understanding our values.
- Self- belief by identifying and knowing our talents and passions and not by comparing ourselves to others.
- How the conscious and sub conscious mind works – manifesting our believed thoughts.
- The importance of being grateful for what we have.
- Mind-mapping – an inclusive way of thinking.
- The importance of affirmations.
- Visualisation techniques to help convince the mind that our dreams have already manifested.
- Incorporating the steps above in a practical way into our everyday lives.
- ½ day follow up session – 4- 6 weeks after the workshop
- The workshop is run over 1 full day.
- The course is either run during a weekend or during the week during school holidays.
- Minimum 6 and maximum 16 students per group.
- Grade 8-9 in one group and grade 10-12’s together in another group(facilitated separately)
- Work books with all notes are supplied for the workshop.
The cost of the workshop is R750 per attendee and includes a workbook, EBooks of The Power that’s Ours and The Journey that’s Ours, a guided visualisation recording, and lunch and teas.
Course Venue: Vredehoek Art School – 22 Upper Derry St, Vredehoek. (Or on school premises if allowed)
Course Dates: January 2014
Date, Grade, Time
Mon 6th 8-9’s 9am – 5pm
Tue 7th 10-12’s 9am – 5pm
Wed 8th 8-9’s 9am – 5pm
Thurs 9th 10-12’s 9am – 5pm
Fri 10th 8-9’s 9am – 5pm
Sat 11th 10-12’s 9am – 5pm
Sun 12th 8-9’s 9am – 5pm
Sat 18th 10-12’s 9am – 5pm
Sun 19th 8-9’s 9am – 5pm
Sat 25th 8-9’s 9am – 5pm
Sun 26th 10-12’s 9am – 5pm
About the Facilitator
He is also a professional photographer having photographed and published Down The Line- the only photographic coffee-table book about the train line that runs between Cape Town and Simonstown – www.garyhirson.com. He now speaks at schools where he promotes literacy and development of self.
For booking details contact Gary on 083 608 2194 or email@example.com